Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Clear-Hearted

"Let go of your worries and be completely clear-hearted,
like the face of a mirror that contains no images.
If you want a clear mirror,
behold yourself and see the shameless truth,
which the mirror reflects.
If metal can be polished to a mirror-like finish,
what polishing might the mirror of the heart require?
Between the mirror and the heart is this single difference:
the heart conceals secrets,
while the mirror does not."

~Rumi


This past weekend was a wonderful, magical and exceptionally tender experience for me. I hosted the annual "New Year. New You" Yoga Retreat here in Ontario on the shores of Lake Erie in the beautifully rustic Lansing Lodge at the Buffalo Canoe Club. A dozen or so of us came together and spent time relaxing, reflecting and nurturing ourselves as we set intentions for the coming year and spent time really dreaming about the endless possibilities our futures hold. There's a very special energy present when a group of people come together with the collective intention to rest and heal. There's a warmth in the air that's almost palpable. I'm so touched when I get the chance to see people just being themselves. I love it. And I love watching people just soften into each other's company and into the moment.

This retreat for me was the completion of a cycle. 2011 began with the yoga retreats I hosted in El Salvador - a wild adventure in many ways which ended up being a reflection of the tumultuous energy of the year for me. (Think - trapped in a whirlpool that's spinning you around and around without really taking you anywhere....)I felt like I really let go of many things this weekend. But more importantly - I started the delicate process of opening up again. To Grace, to Love and to a life filled with health and support.


A very very special thanks to Ginette Hunter, Feng Shui practitioner and friend, whose expertise helped to create the perfect environment for our guests. And who's hours of preparation for each guest just added to the supportive energy of the weekend. May the support and caring you show so many of us return to you multiplied! Also - Carrie Cottage-Bailey of Hannah's Euro Spa- thank you for your sweet energy and the your amazing massages. You are a true healer. Cindy Nilson - your presence and reflexology treatments grounded everyone so sweetly. Thank you for being there and being such a wonderful example of someone who so effortlessly "goes with the flow". And, finally, Nadia Esposito.....my sista from another motha - you are amazing. Thank you for creating such an incredibly nurturing and healing meal and for sharing your energy and your culinary skills. As always, you are amazing and I love you.

To my friends John Bauld and Bobbyji - thanks for making the trek down to the lake to be with us on Saturday and spread such wonderful energy through your music. So so much big Love to both of you. The waves are coming in my friends....enjoy.

There is a spring detox retreat happening in May. Please stay connected for details.

May the rest of this winter bring you rest and rejuvenation in all ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment