Search This Blog

Friday 7 October 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend


It's beautiful. An absolutely beautiful day. I feel blessed and honored by life itself. As the Autumn unfolds around me in all it's bounty and color, I am excited that this year is nearly over. I am excited for the quiet of winter to descend. (never thought I'd say that - ever!). But I am filled with a calm I cannot really understand... A feeling like all is right. All is well. Everything is working out for my highest good.

The roller coaster ride of 2011 has been mind boggling. I've found myself in a few situations I never thought I'd ever experience. I've found myself challenged in ways that I've never felt. And yet, here I am, surrounded by beauty - a beautiful family who loves me (despite my imperfections), beautiful friends who support me and whom I consider family, a strong able body, a clear mind, a peaceful country where I am safe and free to be myself, and a whole future of endless possibilities yet to be discovered. Life is good. Not always easy. But good. I am grateful. Truly appreciative of all I have, as humble as that is ;), and all I will create in my future.

"Fill yourself with chi. Fill yourself until you feel vital, alive. Feel it until you become happy and joyful, grateful to be alive on this planet. Feel it until you know you are one with God, one with life, one with love. Feel it until you see how connected you are with all that lives." Melodie Beattie from 'Journey to the Heart'

Go outside today. Breathe the fresh Fall air. Be in nature. Fill your mind with peaceful thoughts. Take time to reflect on how far you've come and to be grateful, to truly honor, all who've graced your life - pleasant and unpleasant. It is all valuable. Hidden beneath every "lesson" there is always love. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment