Search This Blog

Thursday 2 June 2011

I Have A Dream.

I have a dream. It's a dream that, when I think about it, it actually makes my heart beat a little faster. But, for quite a while now I've allowed my dream to shift into the realm of believing it to be "impossible". I mean, let's face it, I'm no accountant. So - I really just haven't been able to understand the logistics of actually making my dream into a reality.

That being said, yesterday was a wonderful day. The kind of day that really had a magical quality to it. I woke up feeling pretty mellow. You know - Alicia Keys/ Spearhead kinda mellow. That's quite mellow. That's a smooth, go-with-the-flow kinda mellow. Out of that mellowness there came all kinds of heart warming surprises. One of which was that I found myself, in the late afternoon, visiting some friends at their home in the tiny community of Morgan's Point. I love going there. I call their place Vacationland. Their house is a converted lakeside cottage that they have reno-ed into quite a unique and fantastic home for themselves. It's just so darn RELAXING there. Gorgeous lakeside views, the sound of the waves, the sunshine, the big open yard, Kody the boundless jack russel dog relentlessly chasing his beloved ball, the hot tub. It's like an alternate universe of calm, chill, vacation-y vibes. I just love it there. Mostly because these friends are symbols to me of things I love: a loving partnership,teamwork, mutual respect, outside-the-box thinking and strategic living.

Probably because it was my birthday, the conversation shifted to "what I'm doing with myself these days". Which inevitably morphed into me talking about My Dream. Which, frankly, just got my gears going and my juices flowing like crazy. I don't really talk about it to anyone, ever. So - to have 3 sets of ears that let me ramble, and actually offered input, was very exciting.
I left Vacationland feeling a renewed sense of hope. Which is really all a girl could ask for on her birthday.

This morning, when I got into my car, I opened the little campartment on my dash that usually houses my cell phone and there was a piece of tape with the words:

Live Your Dreams!

written on it.

Huh. I have no idea how that got there. (sneaky lil' birthday fairies....) But i like it. I like it a lot. It's staying.

1 comment: